Advanced Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals
- Pacific Time
NAGAP has been educating graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals through its series of Professional Development Institutes for 25 years. Over an intensive two days, attendees will discuss graduate enrollment management opportunities and challenges faced by senior-level administrators who typically have five or more years of experience.
- On-site registration is available for NAGAP's Winter Professional Development Institute
- Complete the registration form and bring it, and payment, with you to the Winter Institute.
- Make your hotel reservations at the beautiful Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, California for just $205 per night. The hotel reservation deadline was Monday, December 30, 2019. Contact the hotel directly to check availability of NAGAP's reservation rate: 1-800-THE-OMNI (800-843-6664)
The full agenda is available here. The agenda will cover the six NAGAP pillars: Recruitment and Marketing; Money Matters; GEM Operations; Enrollment Modeling and Strategic Planning; Career, Staff and Personal Development; and, Student Lifecycle, Engagement, and Support.
Specific Session topics for 2020 will include:
- Legal Issues in Graduate Education
- Diversity in Graduate Education
- Data and Trends in Graduate Education
- Marketing and Branding Tactics
- Roundtable Discussions on GEM Topics of Interest
When and Where:
The Winter Institute for Advanced Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals will be held on Thursday and Friday, January 23-24, 2020 in Rancho Mirage, California. The sessions are expected to begin at 8:30 am on Thursday and conclude by 3:00 pm on Friday.
Make hotel reservations now at the Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, California.
Room Rate: $205 plus tax per night
Reservation Deadline: Monday, December 30, 2019. Contact the hotel directly to check availability of NAGAP's reservation rate: 1-800-THE-OMNI (800-843-6664)
Who Should Attend:
The Winter Institute focuses on advanced topics and is specifically designed for graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals with five or more years of experience.
It is offered in a setting that promotes discussion and interaction among all participants. To maintain this setting, enrollment is limited; therefore, early registration is strongly encouraged.
On-site registration is available. Complete the registration form and bring it, and payment, with you to the Winter Institute.
Early Bird Registration (December 16 deadline)
- Members - $625
- Non-members - $875 (includes membership through 6/30/2020)
Regular Registration (after December 16)
- Members - $725
- Non-members - $950 (includes membership through 6/30/2020
These fees are an estimate to help you budget and are subject to change. Member and non-member rates are available; non-member rates include membership for the year. On-site registration is available.
The registration fee includes:
- Attendee registration
- All session materials
- Continental breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Reception on Thursday evening
To keep costs down and to provide participants with free evenings, dinners are on your own.
Confirmations will be e-mailed to registrants within one week of receipt of registration.
Cancellations received in writing prior to the cancellation date will be eligible for a refund minus a $100 processing fee. If a registrant cancels after the deadline or fails to attend the Winter Institute and payment is not received, the registrant’s school will be billed and held responsible for full payment.
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Winter Institute fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars.
One fellowship is available for NAGAP members.
- What it Covers: The fellowship covers the registration fee, hotel accommodations for two nights (Wednesday and Thursday) and air travel (up to $500).
- How to Apply: You will be asked to provide your contact information and a 250-500 word essay. You may access the application here. The application deadline was Monday, November 4, 2019, and fellowship recipients have been determined.
- What to Include: The essay should include your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management and how it pertains to your institution and to you as a new professional. Also state how you think the Winter Institute would assist you in your professional development.
- Recipients' Responsibility: Fellowship recipients must agree to submit an essay about their experiences at the Winter Institute. Their essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP's Perspectives.
Please contact Kathryn Kendall, Sr. Assistant Dean for Enrollment and Online Programs, State University of New York at Buffalo, at kkendall at buffalo.edu, if you have any questions.
Questions? Refer to the Professional Development Institute Frequently Asked Questions document.
For additional questions or information about attending the conference, contact:
Ariana Balayan, Attendee Liaison
Associate Director of Graduate Admission
abalayan at suffolk.edu
or NAGAP's Executive Office at: (913) 222-8655
Sponsoring at a Professional Development Institute is a great way to advertise your business. There are several sponsorship options. For more information contact Amanda Ostreko, chair of the PDI committee, at amandao at ku.edu.
NAGAP Data Administrator
(913) 222-8620 phone
Autumn @ nagap.org