NAGAP is a member-driven association, and there are many ways to get involved! Here is a sampling of ideas:
- Present at the NAGAP Annual Conference, the Graduate Enrollment Management Summit
- Volunteer to be a recorder or a moderator at the Annual Conference
- Answer the call to serve on a NAGAP committee
- Volunteer to assist with ad hoc projects or research
- Write an article or a book review for Perspectives newsmagazine or e-news
- Assist with a regional reception or event
- Become involved with a regional chapter NAGAP or special interest group
Interested in joining a NAGAP committee?
The 2021 Call for Volunteers will occur May 3, 2021 to June 4, 2021. Apply HERE.
NAGAP committee openings will be announced annually with a call for participation. NAGAP Members will recieve email notifications regaring the call for participation after the annual conference in the spring. Occasionally, committee chairs reserve the right to invite members who may possess a skill or subject matter expertise that the chair seeks for the composition of the committee (e.g. research, publication, marketing skills). Committee positions are two-year terms are generally filled in April - June every other year when the Board transitions, with the exception of the Conference Committee, which may select members each year.
NAGAP members may be asked to submit the following materials in order to be considered for a committee or other leadership position:
- Letter of Intent
- Other relevant materials as determined by the Committee Chair
- It is at the discretion of the committee chair to decide if an interview/phone conversation will be required as part of the application review process.
Openings on NAGAP committees may be advertised in one or more of the following ways:
- NAGAP Website
- NAGAP News
- E-blast to membership
- Chapter notifications
- Word-of-mouth/professional networking channels
Committee members are required to be:
- A current NAGAP member
- Active in the GEM profession for a suggested minimum of two years
- Committees seek members with at least two years experience to ensure the committee member(s) might better understand the scope and climate of the GEM environment. Selection of committee members with fewer than two years of experience in GEM is at the discretion of the committee chair.
In accordance with the NAGAP Diversity Statement, NAGAP encourages diversity in its committees. NAGAP Diversity statement
- Annual Conference/GEM Summit Committee
- Chapters Committee
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Advisory Council
- Education Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Membership Committee
- Mentor Program (Sub-committee of the Membership Committee)
- Professional Development Committee
- Publications Committee
- Research Committee