The Mission of NAGAP is to support, advance and engage graduate enrollment professionals by promoting integrity, excellence and collaboration through education and professional development.
- Eastern Time
Scheduled session topics include:
- Introduction to Graduate Enrollment Management (GEM)
- Digital Marketing for Recruitment and Brand Awareness
- International Student Recruitment
- GEM Structure and Advocacy
- Before You Recruit: Using Data to Design a Strategy
- Developing Effective Recruitment and Retention Strategies for Underrepresented Minority Students
- Legal Issues in Graduate Enrollment Management
When and Where:
The Summer Institute will be held on Thursday, July 18 and Friday, July 19, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The sessions are expected to begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday and conclude at 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
Who Should Attend:
The Summer Institute specifically focuses on the needs of those who have been working in the field, or in their current positions, for fewer than three years. Additionally, professionals with more experience in undergraduate, graduate, faculty, or related higher education environments have also found these conferences to be useful and appropriate.
Early-bird Registration (by May 31, 2019) - $625
Regular Registration (after May 31 and by July 1, 2019) - $725
The registration fee includes:
- Attendee registration
- All session materials
- Continental breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Reception on Thursday evening
To keep costs down and to provide participants with free evenings, dinners are on your own.
Confirmations will be emailed to registrants within one week of receipt of registration.
Cancellations received in writing prior to the cancellation date will be eligible for a refund minus a $100 processing fee. If a registrant cancels after the deadline or fails to attend the Summer Institute, and payment in not received, the registrant's school will be billed and held responsible for full payment.
Cosmopolitan Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada
If you plan on joining us at the Cosmopolitan Hotel, please follow this link to book your room with NAGAP's room block. This room block allows you access to our group room rate of $179 a night with a $25 resort fee. Guests may also book through the call center at 702-698-7575 (local) or 855-435-0005 (toll free) by referencing our group code, SGGFW9. NAGAP's group rate is good through June 25th, 2019!
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Summer Institute fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars.
- What it Covers: Two fellowships are available for NAGAP members. Each fellowship covers the registration fee, hotel accommodations for two nights.
- How to Apply: To apply for a fellowship, provide your contact information and a 250-500 word essay. You may access the application here. The application deadline is Monday, May 13, 2019 (11:45 p.m. EST).
- What to Include: The essay should include your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management and how it pertains to your institution and to you as a new professional. Also state how you think the Summer Institute would assist you in your professional development.
- Recipients Responsibility: Fellowship recipients must agree to submit an essay about their experiences at the Summer Institute. Their essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP’s Perspectives.
Please contact Kathryn Kendall, Sr. Assistant Dean for Enrollment and Online Programs, State University of New York at Buffalo, at kkendall at buffalo.edu, if you have any questions.
For questions or more information about attending the conference, contact:
Ariana Balayan, Attendee Liaison
Associate Director of Graduate Admission
abalayan at suffolk.edu
or NAGAP's Executive Office at: (913) 222-8655
Sponsoring at a Professional Development Institute is a great way to advertise your business. There are several sponsorship options. For more information contact Amanda Ostreko, chair of the PDI committee, at amandao at ku.edu.
NAGAP Data Administrator
(913) 222-8620 phone
amenefee at kellencompany.com