NAGAP is the only professional organization devoted exclusively to the concerns of individuals working in the graduate enrollment management environment. NAGAP is committed to serving the needs and interests of graduate enrollment management professionals. NAGAP encourages you to honor colleagues who have contributed to the field of graduate enrollment management by nominating them for one of our annual awards.
- Future Leader
- Distinguished Service
- Promotion of Excellence
- Chapter Leader
Descriptions for each of these awards, including criteria for identifying those deserving of recognition and instructions for submissions, are available below. We ask that you submit a separate online form for each nomination.
2022 Submission Deadline: February 1, 2022
Descriptions of Awards and Criteria for Nomination:
Chapter Leader Award
- The NAGAP Chapter Leader Award is presented to a current or past NAGAP chapter board member who has demonstrated a commitment to the success of their chapter community, connections between members, and strengthened chapter communications with the NAGAP leadership. The Chapter Leader Award recipient is known for exemplary service to the graduate education community.
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Chapter Leader Award will receive a registration to a Professional Development Institute of their preference in the year following issue of the award.
Future Leader Award
- The Future Leader Award is presented to an individual who has clearly exhibited leadership qualities and an enthusiasm for the graduate enrollment management (GEM) profession that distinguishes them as a rising leader in NAGAP and the field.
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Future Leader Award will receive a registration to a Professional Development Institute of their preference, two nights hotel for attendance at the Professional Development Institute, and a check for $500.
- The Visionary Award is presented to an individual in the higher education community who has demonstrated unique vision in the graduate enrollment management (GEM) profession. The individual should be an established leader who has developed and executed innovative strategy or led bold, cutting-edge, and successful initiatives that have influenced their own campus, university system, or the GEM community at large. The individual’s work may have had an impact on policy, shaped professionalism or best practices, or influenced research in the field. Nominees are not required to be members of NAGAP.
- In addition to the award, the winner will receive a check for $1,000.
Distinguished Service Award
- The Distinguished Service Award is NAGAP's most prestigious award and is presented to an individual who has contributed progressive leadership and exceptional service to the association and to the GEM profession.
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Distinguished Service Award will receive a lifetime membership to NAGAP and a check for $1,000.
Promotion of Excellence Award
- The Promotion of Excellence Award is presented to an individual or team that has developed or implemented methodology (e.g., processes, policies, events, technologies) demonstrating best practices, creativity and/or innovation in graduate enrollment management that could serve as a model across the GEM profession.
- There is no specific topic for submissions. Instead, we encourage applicants to refer to past topics as they think through areas (e.g., processes, policies, events, technologies, etc.) in which they and their colleagues are promoting excellence in the field of graduate enrollment management. Examples of recent past topics include: Excellence in GEM: Integrating Stakeholders in All Areas of the Student Life Cycle; Best Implementation of an Idea That Developed as a Result of Your Participation in a NAGAP Educational Offering; Advancement of Graduate Enrollment Management through Strategic Interdepartmental Collaboration; Defining Value beyond the Classroom: Unifying the Academic and Extracurricular Experience; Best Use of Social Media; Branding a Graduate School or Program; Best Admitted Student Event; Promotion of a New Graduate Level Program; Winning Strategies for Effective Web Design; Creative Writing Program at Saint Mary’s College of California.
- In addition to the award, the recipient(s) will receive a certificate for $500 to use toward dinner for the winning team member's celebration. Also, the team leader will be invited to present and discuss the winning entry in a session at the Graduate Enrollment Management Summit the following year. Conference registration and hotel will be waived.