NAGAP is an association of about 2,000 individuals and is the only professional organization devoted exclusively to the concerns of individuals working in the graduate enrollment management environment. NAGAP is committed to serving the needs and interests of graduate enrollment management professionals. For more information, visit: www.NAGAP.org.
Nominations for NAGAP awards are due on or before January 31. Nominate an outstanding colleague online here.
Descriptions of Awards and Criteria for Nomination
Future Leader Award
- The Future Leader Award is presented to an individual who has clearly exhibited leadership qualities and an enthusiasm for the graduate enrollment management (GEM) profession that distinguishes them as a rising leader in NAGAP and the field.
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Future Leader Award will receive a registration to a Professional Development Institute of his or her preference, two nights hotel for attendance at the Professional Development Institute, and a check for $500.
- The Visionary Award is presented to an individual in the higher education community who has demonstrated unique vision in the graduate enrollment management (GEM) profession. The individual should be an established leader who has developed and executed innovative strategy or led bold, cutting-edge, and successful initiatives that have influenced their own campus, university system, or the GEM community at large. The individual’s work may have had an impact on policy, shaped professionalism or best practices, or influenced research in the field. Nominees are not required to be members of NAGAP.
- In addition to the award, the winner will receive a check for $1,000.
Distinguished Service Award
- The Distinguished Service Award is NAGAP's most prestigious award and is presented to an individual who has contributed progressive leadership and exceptional service to the association and to the GEM profession.
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Distinguished Service Award will receive a lifetime membership to NAGAP. The Distinguished Service Award Recipient will receive a check for $1,000.
Promotion of Excellence Award
- The Promotion of Excellence Award is presented to an individual or team that has developed or implemented methodology (e.g., processes, policies, events, technologies) demonstrating best practices, creativity and/or innovation in graduate enrollment management that could serve as a model across the GEM profession.
- There is no specific topic for 2018 submissions. Instead, we encourage applicants to refer to past topics as you think through areas (e.g., processes, policies, events, technologies, etc.) in which you and your colleagues are promoting excellence in the field of graduate enrollment management. Examples of recent past topics include: Excellence in GEM: Integrating Stakeholders in All Areas of the Student Life Cycle; Best Implementation of an Idea That Developed as a Result of Your Participation in a NAGAP Educational Offering; Advancement of Graduate Enrollment Management Through Strategic Interdepartmental Collaboration; Defining Value Beyond the Classroom: Unifying the Academic and Extracurricular Experience; Best Use of Social Media; Branding a Graduate School or Program; Best Admitted Student Event; Promotion of a New Graduate Level Program; and Winning Strategies for Effective Web Design.
- In addition to the award, the recipient(s) will receive a certificate for $500 to use toward dinner for the winning team members celebration. Also, the team leader will be invited to present and discuss the winning entry in a session at the 2019 Annual Conference held in Toronto. Conference registration and hotel will be waived by the NAGAP Board.
Graduate Student Enrollment Management Research Grant
The Graduate Student Enrollment Management Research Grant is designed to encourage emerging knowledge and understanding of the complexities of graduate enrollment management including all aspects of admissions and recruitment, enrollment, retention, and graduation in higher education. Visit the Research website page for more information.