- Eastern Time
Full Agenda (coming soon!)
Scheduled session topics include:
- State of Graduate Enrollment Management (GEM)
- Recruitment and Marketing
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Legal Updates
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Breakout discussions for international, student services, and other hot topics
The tentative schedule is as follows:
Thursday, July 15, 2021 - TBD
Friday, July 16, 2021 - TBD
Who Should Attend
The Virtual Summer Institute is designed for both incoming, as well as seasoned, GEM professionals. A variety of topics and sessions for all levels will be offered.
Professionals working as faculty, or in related higher education environments have also found these conferences to be useful and appropriate.
Online registration for the NAGAP Summer PDI is open through Monday, July 12.
Early Registration (through June 7):
- $225 - Members
- $250 - Non-members
Regular Registration (from June 8-July 12):
- $250 - Members
- $275 - Non-members
Final registration deadline: July 12
The registration fee includes:
- Access to all virtual sessions and materials, including recordings after the event
- Access to virtual breakout sessions
- Access to pre-recorded sessions
- Access to interactive social events
Confirmations will be emailed to registrants within one week of receipt of registration.
No refunds are available for virtual registrations. Substitution of registrants is allowed. Requests for substitutions must be submitted in writing to [email protected]. NAGAP has no desire to retain fees paid by those unable to attend; however, virtual-related expenses make the policy necessary.
All sessions are recorded and wil be made available on-demand after the live event.
Apply for a Summer Professional Development Institute Fellowship
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 1 – 11:45 p.m. EST
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Summer Institute Fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars, and all current NAGAP members are eligible to apply.
- What it Covers: Two fellowships are available for NAGAP members. Each fellowship covers the registration fee for the 2021 Summer Institute.
- How to Apply: To apply for a fellowship, provide your contact information and a max. 600 word essay below. Fellowship applications must be submitted by Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 11:45pm EST.
- What to Include in Your Essay: 1) your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management, 2) how it pertains to your institution and to you as a GEM professional, and 3) how you think the Summer Institute would assist you in your professional development.
- Recipient's Responsibility: By accepting the Fellowship, recipients agree to submit an essay (or other related request) about their experiences at the Summer Institute within two weeks of the Institute. Essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP’s Perspectives, newsletter, emails, and/or social media.
Questions? Refer to the Professional Development Institute Frequently Asked Questions document.
For additional questions or information about participation, contact:
Ariana Balayan, Attendee Liaison
Assistant Dean, Admissions and Recruiting
UMass Medical School Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
ariana.balayan1 at umassmed.edu
or NAGAP's Executive Office: (913) 222-8655 or [email protected]
Sponsoring at a Professional Development Institute is a great way to advertise your business. There are several sponsorship options. For more information contact Amanda Ostreko, chair of the PDI committee, at amandao at ku.edu.