Advanced Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals
NAGAP has been educating graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals through its series of Professional Development Institutes for over 20 years. Over an intensive two days, attendees will discuss graduate enrollment management opportunities and challenges faced by senior-level administrators who typically have five or more years of experience.
- Click here to register for NAGAP's 2019 Winter Institute! The final PDI registration deadline is Friday, December 21.
- Make your hotel reservations at the beautiful InterContinental Hotel in San Juan for just $249 per night. The hotel reservation deadline is Monday, December 17.
Session topics for 2019 will include:
- Compliance Program Requirements for Graduate Education & Institutions
- The Impact of Unconscious Bias at Work
- Implementation of the Graduate Enrollment Management (GEM) Models across a Variety of Institutions
- Maximizing Talent with Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Tassology of Graduate Enrollment: National Trends & Implications for Practice
- Actionable Resources & Takeaways from a Year's Worth of Research, Trends, & Reports
2019 Program Agenda available here.
When and Where:
The Winter Institute for Advanced Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals will be held on Thursday, January 17 and Friday, January 18, 2019 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The sessions are expected to begin at 8:30 am on Thursday and conclude by 3:00 pm on Friday.
Who Should Attend:
The Winter Institute focuses on advanced topics and is specifically designed for graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals with five or more years of experience.
It is offered in a setting that promotes discussion and interaction among all participants. To maintain this setting, enrollment is limited; therefore, early registration is strongly encouraged.
Fees range from $625 (the early bird deadline has been extended to December 3) to $950 (regular non-members). These fees are an estimate to help you budget and are subject to change. Member and non-member rates are available; non-member rates include membership for the year.
The registration fee includes:
- Attendee registration
- All session materials
- Continental breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Reception on Thursday evening
To keep costs down and to provide participants with free evenings, dinners are on your own.
Confirmations will be e-mailed to registrants within one week of receipt of registration.
Cancellations received in writing prior to the cancellation date will be eligible for a refund minus a $100 processing fee. If a registrant cancels after the deadline or fails to attend the Winter Institute and payment is not received, the registrant’s school will be billed and held responsible for full payment.
- Apply here
- Application deadline: Monday, November 5, 2018 - 5:00 p.m. Eastern
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Winter Institute fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars.
One fellowship is available for NAGAP members.
- What it Covers: The fellowship covers the registration fee, hotel accommodations for two nights (Wednesday and Thursday) and air travel (up to $500).
- How to Apply: You will be asked to provide your contact information and a 250-500 word essay. You may access the application here. The application deadline is Monday, November 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- What to Include: The essay should include your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management and how it pertains to your institution and to you as a new professional. Also state how you think the Winter Institute would assist you in your professional development.
- Recipients' Responsibility: Fellowship recipients must agree to submit an essay about their experiences at the Winter Institute. Their essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP's Perspectives.
Please contact Kathryn Kendall, Sr. Assistant Dean for Enrollment and Online Programs, State University of New York at Buffalo, at kkendall at buffalo.edu, if you have any questions.
For questions or more information about attending the conference, contact:
Ariana Balayan, Attendee Liaison
Associate Director of Graduate Admission
abalayan at suffolk.edu
or NAGAP's Executive Office at: (913) 222-8655
Sponsoring at a Professional Development Institute is a great way to advertise your business. There are several sponsorship options. For more information contact Amanda Ostreko, chair of the PDI committee, at amandao at ku.edu.
NAGAP Data Administrator
(913) 222-8620 phone
amenefee at kellencompany.com