NAGAP is a member-driven association, and there are many ways to get involved! Here is a sampling of ideas:
- Present at the annual conference
- Volunteer to be a recorder or a moderator at the annual conference
- Answer the call to serve on a NAGAP committee
- Volunteer to assist with ad hoc projects or research
- Write an article or a book review for Perspectives newsmagazine or e-news
- Assist with a regional reception or event
- Become involved with a regional chapter NAGAP or special interest group
For more information about volunteer opportunties, or to talk to someone about ways to become more involved with NAGAP, you can email a member of the Leadership Cultivation & Elections Committee.
Interested in joining a NAGAP committee?
When there is a NAGAP committee opening, Committee Chairs will put out a call for participation. Occasionally, committee chairs reserve the right to invite members who may possess a skill or subject matter expertise that the chair seeks for the composition of the committee (e.g. research, publication, marketing skills). Committee positions are two-year terms are generally filled in April - June every other year when the Board transitions, with the exception of the Conference Committee, which may select members each year.
Openings on NAGAP committees may be advertised in one or more of the following ways:
- NAGAP Website
- NAGAP News
- E-blast to membership
- Chapter notifications
- Word-of-mouth/professional networking channels
Committee members are required to be:
- A current NAGAP member
- Active in the GEM profession for a suggested minimum of two years
- Committees seek members with at least two years experience to ensure the committee member(s) might better understand the scope and climate of the GEM environment. Selection of committee members with fewer than two years of experience in GEM is at the discretion of the committee chair.
In accordance with the NAGAP Diversity Statement, NAGAP encourages diversity in its committees. NAGAP Diversity statement
- Annual Conference/GEM Summit Committee
- Chapters Committee
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Advisory Council
- Education Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Membership Committee
- Mentor Program (Sub-committee of the Membership Committee)
- Professional Development Committee
- Publications Committee
- Research Committee
How to Get Engaged
Please indicate your skill sets or interests by completing this brief online survey. The NAGAP Leadership Cultivation & Elections Committee will be reviewing this information, along with other tools, to match volunteer skills and interests with current strategic initiatives of the association.
NAGAP members may be asked to submit the following materials in order to be considered for a committee or other leadership position:
- Letter of Intent
- Other relevant materials as determined by the Committee Chair
- It is at the discretion of the committee chair to decide if an interview/phone conversation will be required as part of the application review process.