2020 Pre-Summit Institute
in conjunction with the NAGAP Graduate Enrollment Management Summit
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Five Steps to Follow for Graduate/Professional Recruitment Plan Development and a Presentation of the NAGAP/Ruffalo Noel Levitz (RNL) GEM Survey Results
- Scott Jeffe, Director of Market Insights, Ruffalo Noel Levitz
- Sarah E. Coen, Senior Vice President, Ruffalo Noel Levitz
As an introduction to the day, and a foundation of the planning session that follows, the presenters will begin with a review of the joint NAGAP/RNL GEM survey results (as well as other national data). Developed together by NAGAP and RNL (August 2019), PSI attendees will get the first review of what graduate enrollment professionals and administrators say is working (and not working) in the area of marketing and recruitment. The presenters will then use these findings as they walk the participants through the five steps to developing an annual recruitment plan, including preparation for planning, the data and information needed, and who should be involved in the creation and implementation of the plan.
The primary goal of the workshop is to jump-start the recruitment planning process, provide a consistent planning model that can be utilized across all types of graduate and professional school programs, and provide each attendee with a strong start in developing their annual recruitment plan. Specifically, attendees should expect to leave the workshop with:
- An understanding of how annual goals are set using internal and external data;
- The common key recruitment strategies that will directly support the stated enrollment goals;
- One or two completed action plans that can serve as a template (and guideline) for the development of additional action plans; and
- A copy of the RNL Recruitment Planning Workbook to help provide clear direction as attendees work to complete the first draft of their annual plan.
Registration and Payment Deadline:
Current and New Members: $225
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Pre-Summit Institute Fellowship, which is a great way to stretch professional development dollars during a time of increasing financial challenges. Two fellowships are available for NAGAP members. Each fellowship covers the Pre-Summit Institute registration fee.
Click here to apply for a fellowship. For more information email Kathryn Kendall, Sr. Assistant Dean for Enrollment and Online Programs, University at Buffalo, School of Social Work, at email@example.com. Include “NAGAP Fellowship” in the subject line.
Fellowship applicants are required to provide an essay which should respond to the following:
- Assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management,
- Reason for interest in the Pre-Summit Institute topic, and
- How you think the Pre-Summit Institute would assist you in your professional development.
Fellowship applications must be submitted by Monday, February 24, 2020 (11:45 p.m. Eastern Time).
Questions about Registration or Payment:
Autumn Menefee, NAGAP Data Administrator
amenefee at kellencompany.com
Questions about the Pre-Summit Institute:
Ariana Balayan – Attendee Liaison
Associate Director of Graduate Admission
abalayan at suffolk.edu