Core Competancies for the GEM Professional
For 23 years, NAGAP has been educating graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals through its series of Professional Development Institutes. The Summer Institute specifically focuses on the needs of those who have been working in the field, or in their current positions, for less than three years. Additionally, professionals with more experience in undergraduate, graduate, faculty, or related higher education environments, have also found this conference to be useful and appropriate.
Scheduled session topics include:
- Welcome to Graduate Enrollment Management
- What Are They Thinking? A Peek into Graduate and Professional Educational Choice
- Professional Development and Networking
- Before You Recruit: Using Data to Design a Strategy
- Digital Marketing for Recruitment and Brand Awareness
- International Student Recruitment
- Legal Issues in Graduate Enrollment Management
- Developing Effective Recruitment and Retention Strategies for Underrepresented Minority Students
When and Where:
The 2018 Summer Institute: Core Competencies for the GEM Professional will be held on Thursday, July 19 and Friday, July 20, 2018 at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada. The sessions are expected to begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday and conclude by 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
Who Should Attend:
The Summer Institute focuses on introductory topics and is designed primarily for graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals with three years of experience or less. It is offered in a setting that promotes discussion, interaction and networking among all of the participants.
Registration Is Now Closed!
Early-Bird Registration Fee (by June 4): $625 for members; $850 for new members
Regular Registration Fee (by June 25): $725 for members; $950 for new members
Cancellations received in writing prior to June 25, 2018 will be eligible for a refund minus a $100 processing fee. Refunds will be issued in the same manner as the payment was received approximately (30) days after the conclusion of the meeting. If a registrant cancels after the deadline or fails to attend the Summer Institute and payment is not received, the registrant’s school will be billed and held responsible for full payment.
Reservations must be made by June 26, 2018 to guarantee the Institute rate of $169 per night for the standard single/double room including complimentary wireless internet. A mandatory $25 resort fee and 12% county room tax are also charged per night. Upgraded rooms are available for an additional fee. The Institute rate is available from July 17 until July 22, 2018 to accommodate additional personal travel days.
Attendees may also call The Cosmopolitan to reserve a room at 702-698-7575. Be sure to reference NAGAP's group code SGGFW8 to receive the conference rate. Attendees can reserve a room with a credit card. One night’s deposit is required when making the reservation. Room reservations can be cancelled without penalty up to 72 hours in advance of the arrival date.
The group rate is $169 single/double plus a $25 resort fee, which includes high-speed internet in guest room, access to the fitness center and tennis center.
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Summer Institute fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars.
- What it Covers: Two fellowships are available for NAGAP members. Each fellowship covers the registration fee, hotel accommodations for two nights (Wednesday, July 18 and Thursday, July 19) and air travel (up of $500).
- How to Apply: To apply for a fellowship, provide your contact information and a 250-500 word essay via this link. Fellowship applications must be submitted by Friday, May 18, 2018.
- What to Include: The essay should include your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management and how it pertains to your institution and to you as a new professional. Also state how you think the Summer Institute would assist you in your professional development.
- Recipients Responsibility: Fellowship recipients must agree to submit an essay about their experiences at the Summer Institute. Their essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP’s Perspectives.
Please contact Kathryn Kendall, Sr. Assistant Dean for Enrollment and Online Programs, State University of New York at Buffalo, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
For questions or more information about attending the conference, contact:
Ariana Balayan, Attendee Liaison
Associate Director of Graduate Admission
abalayan at suffolk.edu
or NAGAP's Executive Office at: (913) 222-8655
Sponsoring at a Professional Development Institute is a great way to advertise your business. There are several sponsorship options. For more information contact Amanda Ostreko, chair of the PDI committee, at email@example.com.
NAGAP Data Administrator
(913) 222-8620 phone
amenefee at kellencompany.com