Summer Institute for New Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals
- Pacific Time
For 22 years, NAGAP has been educating graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals through its series of Professional Development Institutes. Summer Institute specifically focuses on the needs of those who have been working in the field, or in their current positions, for less than three years. Additionally, professionals with more experience in undergraduate, graduate, faculty, or related higher education environments, have also found this conference to be useful and appropriate.
Scheduled session topics include:
• Welcome to Graduate Enrollment Management
• Trends in Graduate Education
• Legal Issues in GEM
• International Student Recruitment
• Marketing Best Practices
• Diversity and Inclusion
When and Where:
The 2017 Summer Institute for New Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals will be held on Thursday, July 20 and Friday, July 21, 2017 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada. The sessions are expected to begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday and conclude by 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
Who Should Attend:
The Summer Institute focuses on introductory topics and is designed primarily for graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals with three years of experience or less. It is offered in a setting that promotes discussion, interaction and networking among all of the participants.
Registration will open approx. April 2017.
Cancellations received in writing prior to June 24, 2017 will be eligible for 100% refund minus a $50 processing fee. Refunds will be issued in the same manner as the payment was received approximately (30) days after the conclusion of the meeting. If a registrant cancels after the deadline or fails to attend the Summer Institute and payment is not received, the registrant’s school will be billed and held responsible for full payment.
Reservations must be made by June 27, 2017 to guarantee the Institute rate of $159 per night for the standard single/double room including complimentary wireless internet. A mandatory $25 resort fee and 12% county room tax are also charged per night. Upgraded rooms are available for an additional fee. The Institute rate is available from July 17 until July 23, 2017 to accommodate additional personal travel days.
Attendees must contact The Cosmopolitan directly to reserve a room by calling 702-698-7000 to make a reservation or to book online and use the Group Code to receive the conference rate. Attendees can reserve a room with a credit card. One night’s deposit is required when making the reservation. Room reservations can be cancelled without penalty up to 48 hours in advance of the arrival date.
The group rate is $159 single/double plus a $25 resort fee, which includes high-speed internet in guest room, access to the fitness center and tennis center.
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Summer Institute fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars.
• What it Covers: Two fellowships are available for NAGAP members. Each fellowship covers the registration fee, hotel accommodations for two nights (Wednesday, July 19 and Thursday, July 20) and air travel (up of $500).
• How to Apply: To apply for a fellowship, provide your contact information and a 250-500 word essay via this link. Fellowship applications must be submitted by Friday, May 20, 2017.
• What to Include: The essay should include your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management and how it pertains to your institution and to you as a new professional. Also state how you think the Summer Institute would assist you in your professional development.
• Recipients Responsibility: Fellowship recipients must agree to submit an essay about their experiences at the Summer Institute. Their essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP’s Perspectives.
Please contact Kathryn Kendall, Assistant Dean for Admissions and Recruitment, State University of New York at Buffalo, at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
For questions or more information, contact:
Katie Beczak – Committee Chair
Graduate and Part-time Enrollment Services
Rochester Institute of Technology
kmbges at rit.edu
NAGAP Data Administrator
(913) 222-8606 fax
shime at kellencompany.com